Quotations about Skipping

It's only a matter of inches, but skipping gets me just that much closer to heaven.  ~Terri Guillemets


If you've lost your enthusiasm, there's no better place to find it than on a skipping excursion.  And, you might just find your lost youth as well!  ~Jessi Lane Adams


I still get wildly enthusiastic about little things.... I play with leaves.  I skip down the street and run against the wind.  I never water my garden without soaking myself.  ~Leo F. Buscaglia, Bus 9 to Paradise


I think skipping could be the answer to many of our adult health problems.  ~Jeanne, as posted on iskip.com


Be a rebel against gravity:  Skip!  ~Jessi Lane Adams


I skip to the heartbeat of my angel.  ~Terri Guillemets


Time sure flies when you skip an hour.  ~Jessi Lane Adams


People ask why I skip and I give the incomparable reason of "why not?"  ~Author unknown, as posted on iskip.com


Learning to skip has brought control into her life.  Whenever she feels all sad, she switches into this wholly happy gait, sliding, hopping, and sliding again; when doing this, it seems as though her head separates from her body, making her feel dizzy and emptied out of bad thoughts.  Does anyone else know this trick, she wonders?  Probably not, although her Mother sometimes smiles and waves from the window.  ~Carol Shields, The Stone Diaries


Skipping is jumping for joy, step after step.  ~Terri Guillemets


I don't think it's possible to skip with a frown on your face.... I'd like to see the world's governing and terrorist leaders on a skipping tour through the Middle East and across the subcontinent and China to Korea.  ~Sue Irwin, as posted on iskip.com


Skip like the wind!  ~Author Unknown


You are worried about seeing him spend his early years in doing nothing.  What!  Is it nothing to be happy?  Nothing to skip, play, and run around all day long?  Never in his life will he be so busy again.  ~Jean-Jacques Rousseau


Just like yoga, skipping provides exercise for the body, mind, and spirit.  ~"Skipper" Kim Corbin, founder of iskip.com


Skipping is a form of flying.  ~Jessi Lane Adams


With all its ups and downs, skipping is just one more metaphor for life.  ~Terri Guillemets


Skipping isn't for everyone.  Getting out of our comfort zones for a momentary skipping escape takes guts.  It is much more difficult than many realize.  Our ego likes to feel in control and is afraid of what others will think.... When we can learn to simply observe our ego's fear and then choose to skip on despite it, we develop the spiritual strength necessary for inner peace.  ~Kim Corbin, founder of iskip.com


Skipping:  a joyful impulse, stunted at puberty.  ~M. Robin D'Antan


What a hero Tom was become now!  He did not go skipping and prancing, but moved with a dignified swagger as became a pirate who felt that the public eye was on him.  ~Mark Twain, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer


Skipping is oxygen for the soul.  ~Jessi Lane Adams


Skipping by the flowers,
Skipping around for hours,
Skipping in rain showers -
Skipping has magical powers!
~Jessi Lane Adams


There's another powerful benefit of skipping which is that it adds joy and positive energy to the world.  Seeing adults consumed by the joy of skipping sends a compelling message about the power of the spirit over fear.  When you learn to turn off your logical mind and get lost in the spirit of skipping, it's like exercising a muscle that will help you deal with other fears.  As external events become increasingly intense, that kind of inner strength will be more important than ever.  ~Kim Corbin, founder of iskip.com


If I had time for only two exercises, I would choose yoga and skipping.  ~Terri Guillemets


There was a boyishness about Mr. Clemens sometimes that found different modes of expression.  Once, when the long corridor of the second floor of the hotel presented a temptingly empty avenue, he hopped, skipped, and ran, and then gave a delicious suggestion of a cake-walk.  As soon as a door opened, however, he stopped and assumed a supernaturally grave aspect.  ~Elizabeth Wallace, Mark Twain and the Happy Island, 1914


Out came the children running.
All the little boys and girls,
With rosy cheeks and flaxen curls,
And sparkling eyes and teeth like pearls,
Tripping and skipping, ran merrily after
The wonderful music with shouting and laughter.
~Robert Browning, "The Pied Piper of Hamelin"


Skipping is nature's Prozac.  ~Jessi Lane Adams


If you're enjoying your depression, then for goodness sake do not go skipping.  ~Jessi Lane Adams


SKIPPING!  The hippity hoppity gait that came naturally to us as children, but that the majority of adults haven't done since they were ten... SKIPPING!  Like Dorothy and gang did arm in arm down the yellow brick road... SKIPPING!  As in expressing joy by leaping happily down the street without a care in the world.  ~Kim Corbin, founder of iskip.com


Adults aren't generally struck with the urge to skip because their worries and burdens weigh them down and they forget that they can take themselves lightly.  ~Jessi Lane Adams


I skip for that all-over body tickle.  ~John Olesen



I have loved skipping since I was a little girl and I have never been able to restrain myself when an open stretch of sidewalk or path beckons me. ~Marelu Marson, as posted on iskip.com


Those moments before a poem comes, when the heightened awareness comes over you, and you realize a poem is buried there somewhere, you prepare yourself.  I run around, you know, kind of skipping around the house.  It's as though I could fly, almost, and I get very tense before I've told the truth - hard.  Then I sit down at the desk and get going with it.  ~Anne Sexton


The two best things about skipping are:
1)  It's free.
2)  It frees you.
~Jessi Lane Adams


Skipping exercises your happiness muscles.  ~Terri Guillemets


Skipping is great exercise!  It burns twice as many calories as walking.  It has less impact on your joints than running.  And it is joy-based, unlike running which generates from our fight or flight reflex.  ~Kim Corbin, founder of iskip.com


Skipping is the walk of joy.  ~Jessi Lane Adams


Skipping turns -
moping into hoping,
pity into giddy,
sad into glad,
lazy into crazy,
old into bold,
tired into wired!
~Terri Guillemets


Skipping is to fly like an angel.  ~Opal Montagne


And I'll skip to Heaven on my own two feet.  ~Terri Guillemets


I like to skip because I can't help but smile when I'm skipping (either I'm too uncoordinated to frown and skip at the same time or else it's a physical impossibility)!  ~Nancy, as posted on iskip.com


Sometimes I do a little mental skipping, just to shake things up in my mind.  ~Jessi Lane Adams


Angels skip, fairies skip, children skip - why can't you and I skip?  ~Jessi Lane Adams


[I]nspiration abounds when I skip and I do feel like a kid again.  It frees the cobwebs, stimulates the soul, and enlightens the spirit.  ~Nancy, as posted on skip.com


I'm addicted to this exercise - I never skip a day!  ~Jessi Lane Adams


You see, Wendy, when the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.  ~James M. Barrie, Peter Pan


Happiness will not pass you by when you're skipping.  ~Jessi Lane Adams


We used to fly past shoppers in the town centre and especially in the winter, wrapped up in our duffle coats, woolen hats and scarves we used to get so warm that there would soon be coats unbuttoned, scarves trailing behind and rosy cheeks by the time we got to school.  ~Karen Elkins, as posted on iskip.com


While the rhythm of running emphasizes a downward motion, the upward motion of skipping defies gravity and elevates my mood in the process.  ~Susan Reineck, as posted on iskip.com


Skipping arm in arm is double the joy!  ~Jessi Lane Adams


When I skip, I have no worries.  ~Carolyn Tyler, as posted on iskip.com


D'ya ever go for a midnight skip
Or an after-dark skinny dip?
Exercise your inner child at night,
It's twice as fun than in daylight.
~Jessi Lane Adams


Skipping chases away the blues, and happiness will come chasing after you.  ~Jessi Lane Adams


Skipping turns your legs into built-in pogo sticks.  ~Jessi Lane Adams


[Skipping] makes me a kid again - not just feel like a kid - a KID again.  ~John-Hans Melcher, as posted on iskip.com


Skipping subtracts years from your heart, adds joy to your life, multiplies your happiness, and divides your stress.  It's a prime exercise, and I count it among one of my greatest blessings.  ~Terri Guillemets


[Skipping] takes me back to less complicated times, without leaving the present!  ~Hope Trachtenberg-Fifer, as posted on iskip.com


If you are happy, go skipping.  If you are sad, go skipping!  ~Terri Guillemets


Jump for joy,
Come skip with me.
Don't be coy,
Let's merry be!
~Jessi Lane Adams


The first time the duchess halted by my side, I whispered to her to calm her gushing spirits, not to meddle with her dress, and for public opinion's sake, not to step so high.  I said she could get over just as much ground at a moderate gait; and, beside the noble grand duke, her father, might happen along at any moment.  I might as well have talked to the wind.  She only laughed that characteristic laugh of hers that silvery laugh that I could recognize anywhere if I were to the leeward, and then, bending a little, she grabbed up the sides of her apparel with both hands, began to jerk it to and fro in a violent manner, threw her magnificent head back and skipped furiously away on an Irish jig step, all excitement, wild hilarity, distracted costume, frenzied motion!  A spectacle to seal the eye-balls and to astonish the soul of a hermit!  ~Mark Twain (unconfirmed), Atlanta Daily Constitution, 28 February 1878, "The Fascinating Duchess"


The pursuit of happiness:  skipping is your best chance of catching it.  ~Jessi Lane Adams


Skipping is inner joy and outer joy.  ~Author Unknown


If I were a doctor, skipping would be my number one prescription.  ~Jessi Lane Adams


If movement was a language, skipping would be the natural word for "bliss."  ~Theresa "Heartdancer" Carey, as posted on iskip.com


Jogging is for those who don't have the guts to skip.  ~Terri Guillemets


Skipping gives the adult a well-deserved break and lets the inner child be in charge for a while.  ~Opal Montagne


Skipping is just a dancing walk, or if you prefer, a walking dance.  ~Jessi Lane Adams


The feeling was elation.... I skip really big and fast.  And the amazing thing is, it really cracks me up!  I laugh out loud because it is so much fun!  And I love to hold my arms out and flap them like a bird.... When I get to the bottom of the trail, I am drenched in sweat and riding high on endorphins from exercise plus laughter.  ~Gail, as posted on iskip.com


Skipping:  the ultimate display of nonconformity.  ~Jessi Lane Adams


Restore your sanity - go skipping like crazy!  ~Jessi Lane Adams


Why march to the beat of your own drummer when you can skip?  ~Dave May, as posted on iskip.com


When you take flight by skipping, your baggage gets left behind - there's no room to carry on worries.  ~Jessi Lane Adams


When most people see an adult skipping they assume it must be on the way either to or from the asylum.  ~Terri Guillemets
Copyright © Kata-Kata Mutiara