Quotations about Exercise

Exercise should be regarded as tribute to the heart.  ~Gene Tunney


Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness.  ~Edward Stanley


If it weren't for the fact that the TV set and the refrigerator are so far apart, some of us wouldn't get any exercise at all.  ~Joey Adams


Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.  ~Plato


Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase.  ~Joseph Pilates


Fitness - if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body.  ~Cher


There are really only two requirements when it comes to exercise.  One is that you do it.  The other is that you continue to do it.  ~The New Glucose Revolution for Diabetes by Jennie Brand-Miller, Kaye Foster-Powell, Stephen Colagiuri, Alan W. Barclay


There is a necessity for a regulating discipline of exercise that, whilst evoking the human energies, will not suffer them to be wasted.  ~Thomas de Quincey


The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions, running down their friends, side-stepping responsibility, and pushing their luck!  ~Author Unknown


Movement is a medicine for creating change in a person's physical, emotional, and mental states.  ~Carol Welch


A man's health can be judged by which he takes two at a time - pills or stairs.  ~Joan Welsh


The word aerobics came about when the gym instructors got together and said, "If we're going to charge $10 an hour, we can't call it jumping up and down."  ~Rita Rudner


I have to exercise in the morning before my brain figures out what I'm doing.  ~Marsha Doble


A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.  ~A.A. Milne


The only exercise I take is acting as pall-bearer to my friends who have indulged in strenuous exercise!  ~Author unknown, quoted in "Play Safe in Taking Physical Exercise" by Royal S. Copeland, 1926  (Thanks, Garson O'Toole of quoteinvestigator.com!)


I really don't think I need buns of steel.  I'd be happy with buns of cinnamon.  ~Ellen DeGeneres


Commit to be fit.  ~Author Unknown


It is exercise alone that supports the spirits, and keeps the mind in vigor.  ~Marcus Tullius Cicero


The only valid excuse for not exercising is paralysis.  ~Moira Nordholt, feelgoodguru.com


My idea of exercise is a good brisk sit.  ~Phyllis Diller


Aerobics:  a series of strenuous exercises which help convert fats, sugars, and starches into aches, pains, and cramps.  ~Author Unknown


Any workout which does not involve a certain minimum of danger or responsibility does not improve the body - it just wears it out.  ~Norman Mailer


Exercise is a dirty word.  Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate.  ~Author Unknown


An hour of basketball feels like 15 minutes.  An hour on a treadmill feels like a weekend in traffic school.  ~David Walters


I consider exercise vulgar.  It makes people smell.  ~Alec Yuill Thornton


Better to hunt in fields, for health unbought,
Than fee the doctor for a nauseous draught,
The wise, for cure, on exercise depend;
God never made his work for man to mend.
~John Dryden


People say that losing weight is no walk in the park.  When I hear that I think, yeah, that's the problem.  ~Chris Adams


If the poor overweight jogger only knew how far he had to run to work off the calories in a crust of bread he might find it better in terms of pound per mile to go to a massage parlor.  ~Christiaan Barnard


I believe that the Good Lord gave us a finite number of heartbeats and I'm damned if I'm going to use up mine running up and down a street.  ~Neil Armstrong on jogging, in an interview with Walter Cronkite


If your dog is fat, you're not getting enough exercise.  ~Author Unknown


You can cheat on your boyfriend or girlfriend but not on your workout.  ~Author Unknown


I am pushing sixty.  That is enough exercise for me.  ~Mark Twain


Exercise is the yuppie version of bulimia.  ~Barbara Ehrenreich


Whenever I feel like exercise, I lie down until the feeling passes.  ~Robert M. Hutchins

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Kata-Kata Mutiara