Quotations about Love 4

And what's romance?  Usually, a nice little tale where you have everything as you like it, where rain never wets your jacket and gnats never bite your nose, and it's always daisy-time.  ~D.H. Lawrence


To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world.  ~Author Unknown


No one has ever loved anyone the way everyone wants to be loved.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960


Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes


Be it in the garden, the nursery or the bedroom, a loving touch compensates for an unskilled hand.  ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com


I guess, when you get down to it, a loving touch compensates for an unskilled hand about everywhere except in an airplane cockpit.  ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com


I am so tired - so tired.
I see too many people,
Read too many books.
Do too many things.
I hate the theaters,
I hate my work,
I want you, - only you....
Come to me between the cool sheets
And let me burrow my head in your shoulder....
~Pauline Cohn, "Rest"


It's so easy to fall in love but hard to find someone who will catch you.  ~Author Unknown


I'm far from perfect, but I'll be perfect for that imperfect person that's perfect for me.  ~Amanda Bynes


Passion spins around love and I am dizzy around you always. ~Terri Guillemets


When one is in love, one always begins by deceiving oneself, and one always ends by deceiving others.  That is what the world calls a romance.  ~Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray


Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.  Your mother and I had it, we had roots that grew towards each other underground, and when all the pretty blossom had fallen from our branches we found that we were one tree and not two.  ~Louis de Bernières, Captain Corelli's Mandolin


Love is the silent saying and saying of a single name.  ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960


Come live in my heart and pay no rent.  ~Samuel Lover


Romance is dead - it was acquired in a hostile takeover by Hallmark and Disney, homogenized, and sold off piece by piece.  ~Lisa Simpson, The Simpsons


If love does not know how to give and take without restrictions, it is not love, but a transaction that never fails to lay stress on a plus and a minus.  ~Emma Goldman, The Tragedy of Women's Emancipation


I but know that I love thee, whatever thou art.  ~Thomas Moore


When I am gone, my love, do not look for me in the places we used to go to together.  Look for me in the places we always planned to go to together.  ~Robert Brault, www.robertbrault.com


Love isn't blind, it's retarded.  ~Don Foster and Susan Beavers, Two and a Half Men


Free love? as if love is anything but free.  Man has bought brains, but all the millions in the world have failed to buy love.  ~Emma Goldman, Marriage and Love


Love is the child of illusion and the parent of disillusion.  ~Miguel de Unamuno


If you press me to say why I loved him, I can say no more than because he was he, and I was I.  ~Michel de Montaigne


I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone.  ~Javan


Like I've always said, love wouldn't be blind if the braille weren't so damned much fun.  ~Armistead Maupin, Maybe the Moon  (Thanks, David)


Part of the reason that men seem so much less loving than women is that men's behavior is measured with a feminine ruler.  ~Francesca M. Cancian


What I need to live has been given to me by the earth.  Why I need to live has been given to me by you.  ~Author Unknown


A heart that loves is always young.  ~Greek Proverb


If I had a single flower for every time I think about you, I could walk forever in my garden.  ~Claudia Ghandi


It's hard to defeat a woman in love. ~Terri Guillemets


Falling in love is so hard on the knees.  ~Aerosmith


In true love the smallest distance is too great, and the greatest distance can be bridged.  ~Hans Nouwens


Like everybody who is not in love, he thought one chose the person to be loved after endless deliberations and on the basis of particular qualities or advantages.  ~Marcel Proust, Remembrance of Things Past: Cities of the Plain, 1922


In springtime, love is carried on the breeze.  Watch out for flying passion or kisses whizzing by your head.  ~Terri Guillemets


The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.  ~G.K. Chesterton


I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long.  If we're in each other's dreams, we can play together all night.  ~Bill Watterson, Calvin & Hobbes


Love is a gross exaggeration of the difference between one person and everybody else.  ~George Bernard Shaw


The simple lack of her is more to me than others' presence.  ~Edward Thomas


[W]hen you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.  ~Nora Ephron, When Harry Met Sally


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Kata-Kata Mutiara