Quotations about Brothers

Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet. ~Vietnamese Proverb


I, who have no sisters or brothers, look with some degree of innocent envy on those who may be said to be born to friends. ~James Boswell


Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero. ~Marc Brown


It takes two men to make one brother. ~Israel Zangwill


There's no other love like the love for a brother. There's no other love like the love from a brother. ~Terri Guillemets


I don't believe an accident of birth makes people sisters or brothers. It makes them siblings, gives them mutuality of parentage. Sisterhood and brotherhood is a condition people have to work at. ~Maya Angelou


A friend is a brother who was once a bother. ~Author Unknown


A brother shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams. ~Author Unknown


Our brothers and sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk. ~Susan Scarf Merrell


If you want to know how your girl will treat you after marriage, just listen to her talking to her little brother. ~Sam Levenson


It snowed last year too: I made a snowman and my brother knocked it down and I knocked my brother down and then we had tea. ~Dylan Thomas


A brother is a friend given by Nature. ~Jean Baptiste Legouve


I sought my soul, but my soul I could not see. I sought my God, but my God eluded me. I sought my brother and I found all three. ~Author Unknown


The best way to get a puppy is to beg for a baby brother - and they'll settle for a puppy every time. ~Winston Pendelton


All for one and one for all
My brother and my friend
What fun we have
The time we share
Brothers 'til the end.
~Author Unknown


Never make a companion equal to a brother. ~Hesiod


It was nice growing up with someone like you - someone to lean on, someone to count on... someone to tell on! ~Author Unknown


A sibling may be the keeper of one's identity, the only person with the keys to one's unfettered, more fundamental self. ~Marian Sandmaier


Our siblings push buttons that cast us in roles we felt sure we had let go of long ago - the baby, the peacekeeper, the caretaker, the avoider.... It doesn't seem to matter how much time has elapsed or how far we've traveled. ~Jane Mersky Leder


Help your brother's boat across, and your own will reach the shore. ~Hindu Proverb


The younger brother must help to pay for the pleasures of the elder. ~Jane Austen, Mansfield Park 


Children of the same family, the same blood, with the same first associations and habits, have some means of enjoyment in their power, which no subsequent connections can supply... ~Jane Austen,Mansfield Park, 1814


When brothers agree, no fortress is so strong as their common life. ~Antisthenes


The mildest, drowsiest sister has been known to turn tiger if her sibling is in trouble. ~Clara Ortega


After a girl is grown, her little brothers — now her protectors — seem like big brothers. ~Terri Guillemets


To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. ~Clara Ortega


Our siblings. They resemble us just enough to make all their differences confusing, and no matter what we choose to make of this, we are cast in relation to them our whole lives long. ~Susan Scarf Merrell


Sibling relationships - and 80 percent of Americans have at least one - outlast marriages, survive the death of parents, resurface after quarrels that would sink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnations of closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust. ~Erica E. Goode, "The Secret World of Siblings," U.S. News & World Report, 10 January 1994


Siblings are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring - quite often the hard way. ~Pamela Dugdale


Blessed is the servant who loves his brother as much when he is sick and useless as when he is well and can be of service to him. And blessed is he who loves his brother as well when he is afar off as when he is by his side, and who would say nothing behind his back he might not, in love, say before his face. ~St Francis of Assisi


Being pretty on the inside means you don't hit your brother and you eat all your peas - that's what my grandma taught me. ~Lord Chesterfield


My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." ~Harmon Killebrew


The highlight of my childhood was making my brother laugh so hard that food came out his nose. ~Garrison Keillor


As we grew up, my brothers acted like they didn't care,
but I always knew they looked out for me and were there!
~Catherine Pulsifer, Inspirational Words of Wisdom


One can be a brother only in something. Where there is no tie that binds men, men are not united but merely lined up. ~Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Flight to Arras

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © Kata-Kata Mutiara